Aneguard™ Using Kevlar® is a staple spun sewing thread manufactured from 100% DuPont® Kevlar® designed to provide seam integrity, cut protection or short term heat resistance.
Fiber Type: Para-Aramid
Thread Construction: Staple Spun
Application: Protective Apparel
Sizes Available: See attached flyer
- Excellent resistance to short term heat exposure
- Excellent cut resistance
- Superior strength to staple spun Meta-Aramid threads
- Good resistance to most organic solvents.
- Age has limited effect on physcial properties.
- Available in natural (yellow)
- Fiber Resistance to Acid- Fair
- Fiber Resistance to Alkali- Good
- Fiber Resistance to Bleach- Poor
- Fiber Abrasion Resistance- Fair to Good
- Fiber Resistance to Heat- 200 deg C (Highest continuous temperature before breakdown)
- Fiber Melting Point- N/A (Does Not Melt- Decomposes at 427 deg C)
- For long term high temperature, Meta-Aramid Thread, such as Anesafe™ using Nomex® or Anefil® using Nomex® are recommended
- Low elongation may require machine adjustments